ClearView 4K Systems
CV-SDI-IO-4K2 Interface Module
The ClearView Extreme 4K and ClearView Player/Recorder 4K 3RU systems house two CV-SDI-IO-4K2 modules as pictured above. The ClearView Shuttle 4K and ClearView Player 4K 2RU Portables house one CV-SDI-IO-4K2 module.
Latest product models are capable of up to 4096X2160p/60Hz, 8 or 10 bit 4:2:2, record or playback on four HDSDI 3G connections.
Each CV-SDI-IO-4K2 interface module houses four programmable serial SMB mini connections with a supplied quad BNC conversion cable for each Quad/HD interface. applying either 4K in quadrants or two sample interleave format selectable for input or output. Note: For HD operations #1 is input, #2 is input, #3 is output, and #4 is output.
One HDMI 2.0b output is available on each of the CV-SDI-IO-4K2 interfaces (cable included per interface ).
One shared set of three BNC analog output connections is supplied for analog playback of HD/SD formats for Component (Y, Pr, Pb), and SD formats in Composite or S-Video.
Digital audio AES/EBU inputs/outputs on BNC are also supplied via the breakout connector and cable as described below.
– Only ClearView Extreme 4K models sold after May of 2014 provide simultaneous input/output function of 4K formats on Quad HDSDI.
– HDMI output on systems sold before May 2014 with originally equipped CV-SDI-IO-4K interfaces provided HDMI 1.4 output in HD rates only. A cost effective upgrade for replacement of original CV-SDI-IO-4K to the new CV-SDI-IO-4K2 (2 modules) are available for pre-May 2014 ClearView Extreme 4K systems.
– On Extreme 4K models sold before May of 2014 the higher 4K rates, with original CV-SDI-10-4K interface modules, of 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 Hz are accomplished by using connections 1 and 2 from both modules for record and connections 3 and 4 from each for playback to a Quad/HD capable monitor along with the application of a sync generator (supplied).
– On all ClearView 4K and ClearView Player 4K models sold after May of 2014 one Quad/HD interface or HDMI output, on the CV-SDI-IO-4K2, is providing all available 4K rates from 23.98 to 60 Hz (play or record) without the sync generator requirement.
Specifications Per CV-SDI-IO-4K2 Module
|Digital Inputs & Outputs||Analog (output only)|
|4, SMB – 75 Ohm via 4 programmable mini connections with BNC quad conversion cable included
-8 or 10 bits per component
-HD-SDI/SDI – SMPTE-259/292/296/424/425a/b, 4K/QuadHD
HDMI Output – on mini connector with supplied conversion cable to standard HDMI size
– v2.0B, up to 3840X2160-50/60Hz 4:2:0 8 bit
– including up to 3840X2160-30Hz 4:2:2 10 bit
– 1 BNC – Tri-level HD sync on breakout cable
– SMPTE-12M on HDSDI or LTC on BNC (analog)
|3 BNC output on multi-pin breakout
-HD or SD on Component (Y,Pr,Pb) via three BNC, or SD on Composite via single BNC or S-video via two BNC
|Digital Inputs & Outputs||Analog|
|16-ch SDI Embedded I/O per video source
8-ch on AES/EBU on 4 BNC Input, 4 BNC output
– 24-bit 48khz, PCM or Dolby ® Digital Plus**
**Decoding of Dolby audio input dependent on required license for ClearView and RTM. Note: VC-DDP license included in systems delivered with ClearView version 8.5 and RTM version 2.8, VC-DDP is optional for previous versions.
|No analog audio connections are applied.|
I/O Formats Supported
Standard Definition (SD)
525i 59.94 Hz
625i 50 Hz
High Definition (HD)
720p: 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz
1080i: 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz
1080psf: 23.98Hz, 24Hz
1080p: 23.98Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, 29.97Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz
2048x1080p: 23.98Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, 29.97Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz
Ultra High Definition (UHD)
3840x2160p: 23.98Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, 29.97Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz
4096x2160p: 23.98Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, 29.97Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz