Real-Time Quality Monitoring
Real-Time Quality Monitoring, Measurement, and Automatic Error Event Recording
Real-Time Monitor – RTM – is a single channel full reference monitoring solution for audio quality, video quality, audio/video sync (lip-sync), audio program loudness and, for SDI input signals, VANC line data integrity. RTM tests these signal parts and reports the results continuously both as UDP data words and graphically for the user for any duration. It will alert (via audio or SNMP) and automatically record incoming audio/video (A/V) segments when the quality drops below a pre-configured threshold. The recorded uncompressed A/V sequences from source and processed test input, or stream, are then available for payback as a syncronized side-by-side output from the RTM system’s HDSDI interface on desktop window for program error review and resolution. Custom scripted routines are also available for product QA regression testing.
Broadcast, Cable and/or IPTV Head End Operational Diagram
Baseband, full-reference, long duration quality monitoring using RTM:
- Source A/V signal is fed using professional decoder HDSDI or IP to the input #1 on RTM from points A or B as in the above diagram
- The processed A/V feed is then also fed via HDSDI, IP, or converted to HDSDI from HDMI on the back channel delivery device in the headend to input #2 on RTM from points B, C or D
- RTM tests for preset quality levels and also reports quality measurements for all parameters continuously on the desktop, log file and data unicast for as long as required
- RTM can be set to records A/V segments for the duration of the threshold errors with a preset heads and tails length for each recording
- RTM Player application is provided to recall recorded errors and play as syncronized side-by-side uncompressed video on desktop or video output for review and diagnosis
IP delivery service monitoring – with a scheduled quality test using RTM:
- RTM allows selection of source and processed stream from IP networks
- Source can be from baseband HDSDI or IP – Point A in the above diagram
- Processed feed can be from MPTS or SPTS in IP from point B, C or D in the above diagram
- A program test can be scheduled for duration using RTM Scheduler
- Additional tests of any duration can be preset for demux/decode, time alignment and restart of a monitoring session
- Tests include support for multi-resolution services via selective source scaling
Long Duration Product Audio/Video QA:
- Measures (and Reports) audio and video quality
- Measures (and Reports) audio offset versus video (lip-sync)
- Meters (and Reports) both inputs audio loudness
- Measures the VANC data lines
- Alerts and records both incoming audio and video inputs as well as quality drops
- VANC lines are missing data, loudness or lip-sync is outside set thresholds
- RTM Player provides side by side playback for detailed error analysis
White Papers/Case Studies
- Monitoring Broadcast Quality
- Long Duration QA/QC Testing
- Why Should You Monitor Your Video Quality?
- Other White Papers and Case Studies
Call us at 1-408-379-6952 or email us and ask our video experts for a full demonstration.
About Video Clarity:
Video Clarity, Inc. is a leading provider of video quality measurement and video analysis systems. Products include RTM for video monitoring and automatic fault recording for before and after content is put to air and ClearView systems, video quality analyzers with extensive visual analysis capabilities and audio / video quality measurements. Additionally, the ClearView Player/Recorder line provides a reliable uncompressed video server solution for an engineering lab environment. All systems are offered with automated test routines to improve customer productivity and time to market with a quality product or service.