Real-Time Monitor – RTM – is a multi-channel full reference test solution for monitoring and logging audio quality, video quality, audio/video sync (lip-sync), and audio program loudness. RTM also checks for VANC line data integrity from uncompressed video inputs.
RTM tests these signal parts and reports the results graphically and applies test score data in text logs for any duration. It will record incoming audio/video (A/V) segments as uncompressed video when the quality drops below a user-configured threshold applied to each test’s scale of measurement.
The recorded uncompressed A/V sequences from source and comparison test input are then available for payback as a synchronized side-by-side output from the RTM system’s full resolution video output or desktop window for event review and resolution. Custom scripted routines via a command line or REST API may be easily applied for product QA regression testing.
Baseband, full-reference, long duration quality monitoring using RTM
- Source A/V signal is fed using professional decoder HDSDI or IP to the input #1 on RTM from points A or B as in the above diagram
- The processed A/V feed is then also fed via HDSDI, IP, or converted to HDSDI from HDMI on the back channel delivery device in the headend to input #2 on RTM from points B, C or D
- RTM tests for preset quality levels and also reports quality measurements for all parameters continuously on the desktop, log file and data unicast for as long as required
- RTM can be set to records A/V segments for the duration of the threshold errors with a preset heads and tails length for each recording
- RTM Player application is provided to recall recorded errors and play as syncronized side-by-side uncompressed video on desktop or video output for review and diagnosis
IP delivery service monitoring – with a scheduled quality test using RTM
- RTM allows selection of source and processed stream from IP networks
- Source can be from baseband HDSDI or IP – Point A in the above diagram
- Processed feed can be from MPTS or SPTS in IP from point B, C or D in the above diagram
- A program test can be scheduled for duration using RTM Scheduler
- Additional tests of any duration can be preset for demux/decode, time alignment and restart of a monitoring session
- Tests include support for multi-resolution services via selective source scaling
Long Duration Product Audio/Video QA
- Measures (and Reports) audio and video quality
- Measures (and Reports) audio offset versus video (lip-sync)
- Meters (and Reports) both inputs audio loudness
- Measures the VANC data lines
- Alerts and records both incoming audio and video inputs as well as quality drops
- VANC lines are missing data, loudness or lip-sync is outside set thresholds
- RTM Player provides side by side playback for detailed error analysis